Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...a little late

Obviously I haven't been doing a very good job of posting regularly. One of my resolutions is to be better at that. I kind of just barely made that a resolution since this blog is still in its infancy, but we are all about continual self-evaluation and progression, right?
Anyway, since I haven't been here in a while and since I haven't formally written down my resolutions, though they've been rolling about in my head for the last three weeks, I decided to actually record them here, so my posterity will know I actually had goals in 2011.
1. The requisite health and body goal. I want to be more motivated to exercise and eat healthily. I have resolved to exercise at least 3 times a week for an hour and to only eat out twice (this is actually a pretty big improvement on previous eating habits, and, not only will this help me to lose weight, I'll also have more money. Win win.)
2. Don't watch as much TV or spend as much time online everyday. I need to be spending more time on schoolwork and lesson planning, even if this means (gasp!) getting ahead. I need to be a big girl and be responsible for my own educational success, which requires me to be self-motivated as far as papers go. Also, what am I doing watching stupid shows like America's Next Top Model anyway? (I'm saying this now, but I'm not sure what will happen once the new cycle starts...next resolution: cut down on my guilty pleasures.)
3. Be more social. Ask guys out every once in a while. Meet new people and go to activities. Don't take things so personally.
4. Read all the books I've been meaning to read. (full list to come later)
5. Save money. Resist the urge to go shopping every weekend. 
6. Become a better gospel scholar. Read classic texts from various prophets and apostles, study everyday. With this I should also add that I want to be a better disciple of Christ in general. Go to the temple more often (twice a month), look for and act on opportunities to serve.
This is all I can think of right now. I think I've pretty much hit on all the major areas of my life, and if I think of any others, I might just keep them to myself. There are a lot of things I can be improving upon, and I'm kind of excited to be working on them. Is that weird? I guess I like having goals, even though most of the time I forget I have them. Here's to a new year full of new things for me to tackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment