Tuesday, September 27, 2011

on roommates

roommates are, as some might say, a blessing and a curse.

they are a blessing because you can sometimes talk to them for hours and hours about anything and everything and they don't think you are weird.

however, this is also a curse, because it makes me want to be at home hanging out with them instead of doing all my work, the work which will possibly save me one thousand dollars or allow me to graduate or lead me to a good grade or ensure than my students have a productive day in class.

they are also a blessing because they get me and actually want to be with me, too.

however, this is also a curse because, why would i want to be around other people who don't love me as much or understand my meaningful looks or listen to my dating advice (i am still amazed this is still going on, seeing as i have no qualifications for giving dating advice.)? and, it's a curse because, how am i ever going to find a boy who does all that stuff too (minus the dating advice, most likely)?

so now i am going to leave the library because i can't bear the thought that they are having fun/deep conversations without me. although, my justin bieber album just came on, so maybe i should stay just for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment