Monday, January 2, 2012

favorite quote of 2011 (and what i hope my 2012 is like)

i wanted to make this a post of a bunch of favorite quotes from this year, but i couldn't think of anything that tops this one (though one of my teachers talking about how, in writing essays, we put the "fun" in "proFUNdity" is right up there). so, without further ado, my favorite quote of 2011:
                                            
OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. 

for those who don't know, these are reportedly steve jobs' last words. his sister, mona simpson, gave a beautiful eulogy for jobs, and apparently this was his final utterance. and, in the eulogy, the quote is printed in all caps. which is incredibly awesome. in fact, this is quite possibly the most awesome thing i have ever heard in my life.

what was he seeing there at the end? what could have warranted a triple OH WOW in all caps? i hope the last few moments of my life are like that--so cool that nothing can say it better than three OH WOW. the thought of it makes me giggle every time, as my roommates and family can attest.

so i'm hoping to make this an OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. year. if i can do that, i think i'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment